Dentists Mornington Peninsula
Balnarring Dental Centre
When you enter the doors of the Balnarring Dental Centre you will have a dental experience unlike any other. You will be welcomed by a professional and friendly team of experts who take pride in their work. We make time for you so we can align our treatment plan with your specific wants and needs. You will leave each visit well informed, relaxed and confident that you are being looked after by the leading dental professionals in their field.
Have a Question?
Why Choose Us
Want That Dazzling Smile?
Book Your Appointment Today.
Invisalign Mornington Peninsula
To get the beautiful straight teeth that you have always wanted without having braces, then consider Invisalign treatment. Consult with our team to determine whether Invisalign clear aligners are right for you.
A series of virtually invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners is used by the Invisalign treatment. These clear aligners of Invisalign are made with 3D computer imaging technology which are proven to be effective.
The aligners are not only virtually invisible, they can also be removed, allowing you to eat and drink what you want while in treatment. And have no problems with brushing and flossing. They are also more comfortable than traditional braces, with no metal or wires, having you spend less time in your doctor’s office getting adjustments. You can also view your own virtual treatment plan when you start with Invisalign treatment, for you to see an estimate of how your straighter teeth may look when your treatment is complete.
Dental Implants Mornington Peninsula
People often get embarrassed, hide their smile and lose their self-esteem because of missing teeth. Bacteria can easily infect the spaces that have missing teeth, which causes other teeth to shift out of place, and making it difficult for people to speak or eat correctly. Our dental clinic in Mornington Peninsula, understands that a missing tooth can create hardships. We provide dental implants so that our patients can regain their self-confidence, improve their health, and approach life boldly.
Installation of implants is a complex procedure requiring the replacement of missing teeth in a safe and natural way.
Teeth Whitening Mornington Peninsula
Talk to our dentists in the Mornington Peninsula about teeth whitening options if you have teeth that are stained or discoloured.
To lift the most common teeth stains and brighten teeth up to 8 shades, you can undergo teeth whitening treatments to help you show the smile you want. It is a popular treatment among adults of all ages, from young urban professionals to baby boomers.
Our dental practitioners are experienced enough and use safe and reliable whitening systems, allowing our patients to achieve their desired aesthetic results and to maintain that brightness over time. We also have an in-chair teeth whitening system that is performed by a qualified dental practitioner right here in the Mornington Peninsula.
Give our clinic a call to book a consultation and find out if you are suitable for teeth whitening. Upon the assessment of your suitability, we will give you all the information about what this treatment involves so you can decide whether it’s right for you.
Orthodontics Mornington Peninsula
Straightening your smile is possible with orthodontic treatment, helping you straighten crooked or misshapen teeth, close gaps and correct bite problems.
Adult orthodontics continues to be popular, defeating the common misconception that orthodontic treatment is only for teenagers. With advances in clear orthodontic braces and aligners, it is now much easier for patients to achieve the perfect look, without any worry in their appearance.
Crooked or misaligned teeth may also make eating difficult, hence, orthodontics is not only for cosmetic purposes. It may also be difficult to talk or brush and floss your teeth which also increases your risk of dental problems.
Arrange a consultation for orthodontics at our Mornington Peninsula dentist clinic and find out if you could benefit from orthodontic treatment. You will be given a comprehensive assessment to determine your suitability and give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision.
Dental Hygiene Mornington Peninsula
When you come in for a ‘regular clean’ you will have an experience like no other with our thorough and gentle Oral Health Therapists/Dental Hygienists. Instead of a ‘quick 10 minute clean’ they allocate 60 minutes of their time to you to effectively remove stains & bacteria (plaque & calculus) from around your teeth and gums. They take extra steps to ensure you are comfortable and adjust their treatment to how sensitive your teeth are.
They do this through extra care, compassion, attention to detail and extra efforts such as, applying a desensitising paste prior to starting, using hand-scalers, or adjusting the settings on the equipment to bespoke settings just for you. If you have had bad experiences in the past with routine cleans there is no need to worry because they will tailor your appointment to your needs so you can be comfortable and pain-free. They will take the time to discover your daily dental hygiene routine & figure out ways of making it for efficient or effective using their wealth of knowledge on dental products, and brushing/flossing techniques.
Our Mornington Peninsula Oral Hygienists take time to thoroughly assess your gums for hidden and silent gum issues that could be causing bad breath and permanent loss of gums (gum recession) or loss of bone. Their motto is to help you keep your teeth for life through prevention and early detection of hidden disease. They will also help you assess the colour of your teeth and help you achieve your goals in gaining a healthy and bright smile you are proud of.
Jaw Issues Mornington Peninsula
Clenching and grinding is subconscious and so most people that do it will have no idea that it’s occurring. The damage done by clenching and grinding isn’t obvious until a tooth fractures or the wear has occurred into the nerve. A common sign of long-term clenching or grinding is that the muscles in the cheek and temples enlarge on clenching. Much like working out at the gym, a muscle that is overworked can get larger and more powerful.
This makes the damage caused by clenching and grinding worse. One treatment method is to inject muscle relaxants into the muscles to stop them activating to their maximum potential. A common side effect is that the wrinkles around the area injected tend to disappear.
Is the world famous device to reduce or even stop snoring. It’s custom fitted and can be adjusted at home for comfort or extreme snore reduction. It can also help with sleep obstructive airway issues in some people too.
More dental services we offer
We service all areas of the Mornington Peninsula.
Balnarring Dental Centre is conveniently located and also easily accessible from the surrounding suburbs of:
Your Mornington Peninsula Dentist
Our passion at our Mornington Peninsula clinic, located in Balnarring, is to help maintain good dental health in our community. We want to emphasise good oral hygiene and regular check-ups as a means of preventive care as well as discuss cosmetic treatments if you want to make changes to your smile.
We do not operate a ‘cookie-cutter’ dental practice because for us every smile is unique. Taking time to listen to your thoughts and concerns is part of the services of our dentists and hygienists at Mornington Peninsula so we can work with you to design tailored solutions to suit your oral health needs.
Get in touch with us.
Oral health is an important part of your overall health and wellbeing. Having good oral health will also help get the nutrition you need and to enjoy the foods you love. Other parts of your body may also be affected by oral health problems such as tooth decay and gum disease, so looking after your teeth and gums can also help to lower your general health risks.
We will give you a complete dental health assessment when you visit our dentists in Mornington Peninsula and check the condition of your teeth, gums and mouth and look for any signs of a possible problem. We will also recommend treatment or improvements that may be beneficial for you and the ones that you should make to your dental care routine.
Daily brushing and flossing is important, because your dental care isn’t limited only within the confines of our dental clinic. A healthy diet, and avoiding bad habits all contribute to maintaining a healthy smile. You won’t be forced to undergo treatments you don’t want. We want everyone to be fully informed first before making a decision for themselves and their families.
Dr Tiv, Principal Dental Surgeon, Balnarring Dental Centre
Come and Meet Us!
Dealing with dental anxiety
Dental anxiety is sadly still common for many dental patients, but avoiding getting your routine dental care will only put your oral health at risk and would likely require you an intensive treatment later.
Our friendly team at our Mornington Peninsula dental centre will keep you comfortable and relaxed, and help overcome your fears of dental visits. Below are just a few of the extra steps we take to help patients with dental anxiety, fear or phobias:
- Dental Anxiety Consultation: opportunity to discuss your your unique dental history, past experiences & fears prior to starting any dental procedures.
- Shared Decision Making: development of a dental care plan with your input that helps overcome your dental fears prior to starting treatment.
- Consultation Rooms: we understand it can nerve-racking having consultations while being surrounded by dental equipment and while sitting in the dental chair so we have custom-built separate consultation rooms where you can sit at eye-level with your dentist in a comfortable chair and discuss your dental care.
- Sensitive Teeth: we take extra steps to help reduce sensitivity during your ‘regular cleans’. We will discuss with you and analyse your teeth/gums prior to starting to understand the source of the sensitivity. We will then change our technique/process during your ‘regular clean’ e.g. application of a desensitising gel prior to starting, removing bacteria by hand instead of electric instrument (hand-scaling), changing the temperature of the water or equipment settings or administering anaesthetic. We also only hire gentle dental practitioners that will help make the procedure as pain-free as possible.
- Patient Entertainment System: patients with dental anxiety often find it very helpful to have distractions such watching your favourite TV show/movie during your dental treatment, noise-cancelling headphones or relaxing music.
- Dental Smells: we take extra care to ensure our building and dental rooms do not have the ‘dental smell’ that can trigger past bad experiences. We also have a variety of essential oils and candles we can use in your treatment room if you think that would help.
- Treatment Rooms: our dental clinics was custom-built to help patients feel comfortable and at ease eg. every room has natural light with windows, doors can be left open/closed depending on your preference, the rooms are clean, light and welcoming, each treatment room has a patient refresh area with mirrors and a sink for your personal use, bathrooms are located very close to each treatment room.
- Patient Comfort: to help make you comfortable and relax we offer a variety of herbal T2 teas prior to your dental procedure, neck cushions and blankets. Children may also hold soft toys and receive a toy gift from our famous ‘treasure chest’.
- Feeling Rushed: we do our best to take things slow and plan treatment according to your unique needs to ensure you don’t feel rushed into having dental procedures.
- Dental Anaesthetic: to help reduce pain from injections we have invested in custom-made numbing gel made by a local compounding pharmacy that is stronger than the generic gel most dental clinics use. It will help numb the area before the injection.
- Sleep Dentistry: if you still feel anxious to have your dental treatment while being awake during your dental treatment we can discuss options for sleep dentistry or treatment under GA. You can also discuss medications to help reduce dental anxiety with your dentist prior to your appointment.